Caution: All cleaning and maintenance should be carried out when the BBQ is cool and with the fuel supply turned OFF.
- "Burning off" the BBQ after every use (from approx 15 minutes) will keep excessive food residue to a minimum.
- For the outside, use a mild detergent and hot water.
- Under the lid, if the surface has the appearance of pealing paint, baked on grease build up has turned into carbon and is flaking off. Clean thoroughly with strong soapy water solution and rinse with water. Never use oven cleaner.
- The plastic parts can be washed with a soft cloth and soapy water.
- Cooking grid, use a mild soapy water solution. Non-abrasive scouring powder can be used on stubborn stains then rinse with water.
- The greasetray can be cleaned with washing up liquid and water.
- Cleaning the burner assembly requires to turn off the gas and disconnect the cylinder. Remove the grates and clean the burners with a soft brush. Clean any clogged ports with a pipe cleaner or stiff wire (such as an opened paper clip).
- Inspect burners for any damage (cracks of holes). If damage is found, replace with a new burner.
- Your gas BBQ should be serviced annually by a competent registered person.